Two astronomers. Separated by only 22 degrees, 58 minutes of latitude, 33 degrees, 29 minutes of longitude, yet seemingly worlds apart. Their common goal: figure out the very nature of the Universe and its womenfolk.

Friday, March 03, 2006

Antipodean Detection

Nice to see that our blog has caught the attention of the Blog-grandaddy Nic while he's over at AAT. His round up of our raison d'etre couldn't be closer to the truth.

Was too exhausted last night to work any further on the talk, so I must finish it this morning. I hate giving talks because it usually exposes a lack of basic understanding, particularly when Schurch throws in his trademark "I'm no cosmologist, but.." question.
Anyway, I buckled and went to the quiz...a mistake. I'm now even more tired than I was last night. I blame Geach for this.

Next Wednesday I have to deal with 20 school kids and some quantum mechanics. The following Monday I have to tell some MPs about disk galaxies. I might hibernate over the summer.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! »

8:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home