Two astronomers. Separated by only 22 degrees, 58 minutes of latitude, 33 degrees, 29 minutes of longitude, yet seemingly worlds apart. Their common goal: figure out the very nature of the Universe and its womenfolk.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

2007 and all that

It has been a very long time since that white snow fall on jerusalem! So much has happened around here that I wont bore my onlive fan-club with the details. Simply put:
1. I found a great flat in Tel Aviv
2. I moved into aforementioned great flat with cilia
3. I purchased necessary things for the aforementioned great flat (including, but not limited to, bed, matress, sofa, table, chairs, stove, oven, fridge, tv, cable, internet)
4. I set up my home office that allows my to work (occasionally) from home.
5. I realized that despite having a killer 3Mb/s download speed, my pathetic upload speed of 150kb/s may be prohibitively slow to allow my to work from home.
6. I hade a vintage Yarden wine which was so good it convinced me that any negotations involving giving back the parts of the golan that include the vineyard should be fought tooth and nail.
7. Cilia started her job as an junior EU diplomat.
8. I greeted 2007 with a stomach full of squid.

2007 will be an exciting year. Israeli intelligence chiefs have warned of a possible "flare up" on the northern border with (both) hizbullah and syrria (flare up = war). After the Baker commision recommended to slowly pull the troops out of iraq, GWB is going to do the opposite and send more in (I'm undecided on whether this is good or bad. However, judging from experience any decsion GWB takes tends to be bad...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home