Two astronomers. Separated by only 22 degrees, 58 minutes of latitude, 33 degrees, 29 minutes of longitude, yet seemingly worlds apart. Their common goal: figure out the very nature of the Universe and its womenfolk.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The boys are back in town...

...well actually, the boy is back on the blog. Noam has disappeared off the blogging map, I'm concerned that the 'mofos is becoming my personal crusade.

Anyway, apologies for the radio silence. I was away this weekend visiting the family in Lincoln - my sister threw a huge party for my brother-in-law's 40th, which was great fun. Since then I've been continually frustrated by a) the refusal of GADGET-2 to work on seemingly acceptable initial conditions and b) the worrying and seemingly chronic lack of communication speed on the new Opteron machine. Having fixed a) by accident, I'm hoping that Sun are going to sort b), but I'm not holding my breath.

On the positive side, Dalsim has received an official vote of support from Carlos (I can almost smell money coming our way), and I have finally got round to looking at RSS, which is my new favourite toy when combined with the gorgeous "Newsfire" for Mac.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home