Two astronomers. Separated by only 22 degrees, 58 minutes of latitude, 33 degrees, 29 minutes of longitude, yet seemingly worlds apart. Their common goal: figure out the very nature of the Universe and its womenfolk.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Rainbow room dissertation

I just woke up in the city that never sleeps. A 30 minute jog through central park and a bagel and coffee later, Im ready to hit the city. Despite my vacation status I am obliged to spend most of the day behind the closed doors of my parents library working on my thesis. Ouch. Being in New York and having to work is like watching germany v argentina and supporting the english ref. Frustrating but necesarry.

My dads party was awesome. He was suprised. many people were there. An M16 shooting brit. Canadian journalsists (one of whom filed a story for the toronto star FROM the party which is online already). Native american reservation living german wsingle mother. Extended family. There was wine. Beer, whiskey (I had a fine Macallan) .I got trollied. Maybe cause I couldnt eat due to the immense number of people i had to speak to. Looking out of the 65th floor window made me queasy. There was a lawyer there who made a funny speech and ended it with "I love dis guy, coz heez got da biggest bawls in New Yeork sitti". Rachel, Lev and I made a toast. it was funny. for us. no one else laughed.