Two astronomers. Separated by only 22 degrees, 58 minutes of latitude, 33 degrees, 29 minutes of longitude, yet seemingly worlds apart. Their common goal: figure out the very nature of the Universe and its womenfolk.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Peter Kay will surely use this....


Remember "garlic...BREAD!" and "cheese....CAKE!"? Try this: "squeezy...MARMITE!". Yes, that's right, Marmite are going to start shipping their black cocaine in squeezy bottles, since they think it'll help people spread it without destroying their bread.

I'm sceptical about this development. As a Marmite fan, I'm worried about the fact that they'll be using thinner Marmite in the squeezy bottles, which surely means less pleasure per pound. One possible benefit though might be price - Marmite is chuffing expensive (£3.95 for 500g at Tesco), which might be down to the black glass they use in the jars, which must be costly for them.

I'm interested to hear what everyone else thinks about this.

5 Comments:

Blogger kittenrina said...

I cannot believe you actually posted this. Do some work, you! Kat xx

1:50 PM

 
Blogger CMB said...

I'm not entirely convinced that Marmite jar glass starts out black. It's just that the vile, corrosive, yeasty sticky filth they put into the jars reacts chemically with the glass blackening it.

4:01 PM

 
Blogger Rob said...

Well readers! My girlfriend bollocks me for posting, Jim2 couldn't give a rats's ass but still posts, and Craig offers a new theory. Marmite is a hot topic!

4:06 PM

 
Blogger jim said...

my two penneth: i prefer bovril.

4:32 PM

 
Blogger jim said...

ps -- that last post was by me, jim(1)

4:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home