Two astronomers. Separated by only 22 degrees, 58 minutes of latitude, 33 degrees, 29 minutes of longitude, yet seemingly worlds apart. Their common goal: figure out the very nature of the Universe and its womenfolk.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Varied keelhaulings

So - I've sailed through Act 1 (you'll notice, following the synopsis, how I've already learned from my Shakespeare studies to create a theme in my linguistic imagery that is appropriate to the story....hence my nautical reference there), and am ready to give you an exciting overview. In fact, this has been forced upon me, since:

1. I've bought Patrick O'Brien's "Master & Commander", the book that inspired the excellent Russell Crowe film of the same name. I really want to read it and won't let myself until I've finished Othello.

2. I can't finish my paper today because the computers at the ICC appear to have blown up, denying my SSH access.

3. The alternative, writing my talk for the VIRGO meeting, is way too boring to tackle on a Sunday.

So, that's the situation. I'll now go and prepare an exciting synopsis.

2 Comments:

Blogger kittenrina said...

silly.

12:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site.I used information from that site its great.
»

10:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home