Two astronomers. Separated by only 22 degrees, 58 minutes of latitude, 33 degrees, 29 minutes of longitude, yet seemingly worlds apart. Their common goal: figure out the very nature of the Universe and its womenfolk.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Quack

I'm no art buff, but I do know what I like. I also feel qualified to criticise poor art when I see it. Here is an example of bad art:



Yes, it's an advert (or perhaps a warning?) that DUCK week is here. For the non-locals, DUCK is an acronym for Durham University Charities Kommittee. Yes, they really did think it was ok to spell committee with a K. For that alone Durham deserves to be relegated to the lower echelons of the league tables. But my point: ok, it's an enthusiastic student getting excited about saving the world, but what a poor attempt at a representation of a duck. Most toddlers could do better.

Never one to promote hypocracy, I thought I'd prove that I can do better. I have no desire to get cold on Kingsgate bridge, so I did my drawing armed with my trusty Pilot G2 pen (courtesy the ICC). I reckon my ducks are much better:



So, students, pull your socks up and draw better ducks. You over-privileged bunch of southern nancies. On other news, Jim's application to join the Friends of Laphroaig has yielded the whisky club a square foot of Scottish bog and a swanky certificate. Here's the latest (tidied!) display of our haul. Note: we're still missing a few bottles - if anybody finds them, please bring them in.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Binney & Tremaine touch...

8:43 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey you

I don't manage to send you long detailed emails, but I do manage to keep myself abreast of your Ikea jaunts and redecorating frenzies. So put up some pics of this lap of luxury in the middle the desert, why don't you? Maybe I should start blogging as well, and then I can make bossy demands to everyone to make the effort to read it if they want to keep in touch!

7:40 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, and since you're faffing around so much online when you're supposed to be working, why not hook up to something like Skype or GoogleTalk? That way, you can do something worthwhile - i.e. talk to me! :)

7:42 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

And those comments were meant for Noam!

7:43 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

But hello to you too Rob, though I've no clue if you remember me. I did contribute to lowering your alcohol stocks on one occasion - that's the only recommendation I can make for myself. Mrin.

7:45 AM

 
Blogger Rob said...

Hey Mrin! Of course I remember you! Great to hear from you - I hope you're doing well. I have no idea what it is you're doing, so you'll have to let me know.

Thanks for boosting the number of comments, by the way. We were starting to look like loners...

2:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home