Two astronomers. Separated by only 22 degrees, 58 minutes of latitude, 33 degrees, 29 minutes of longitude, yet seemingly worlds apart. Their common goal: figure out the very nature of the Universe and its womenfolk.

Friday, May 05, 2006

Friday feeling

As Jim1 has pointed out, the weather today is outstanding. Durham looked beautiful on the way in to work this morning. I might be stuck in OC320, but the view is good, the paper is coming along, and the weekend is nearly here.

In other news, Josh Simon has come back with the tilted ring modelling of the simulation. Seems to have found exactly what I did with my crappy (or maybe not so crappy!) mock-spectroscopy code. The simulated data might prove to be the limiting factor for this project - this weekend I'll give it some thought, because I still think we could bust some heads (in a spiritual sense) with this project.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home