Two astronomers. Separated by only 22 degrees, 58 minutes of latitude, 33 degrees, 29 minutes of longitude, yet seemingly worlds apart. Their common goal: figure out the very nature of the Universe and its womenfolk.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Light relief

I've become disillusioned. Why? For once, it's not my PhD. Nor my shoddy physique, or dress sense, or haircut. No dear readers, I've realised that iccmofos is lacking the certain spark that appears to implicit with the other astro blogs. The room311 boys have their obsessions with Alan Sugar, Cillit Bang, stronomy-related songs and Google-baiting. Jim2 outlines with some regularity the progress he's making in his "The Good Life" inspired dreams. Craig's astroshack blog offers the reader a hitherto unavailable deep insight into his warped fractal-loving, clown-curious psyche. Both astroshack and room311 make great use of multimedia (the whisky map being a shining example).

I think the best we've offered up to now are Noam's tea-bar related rants. I've offered little to the blogging community (although perhaps I should see this as a mark of being less of a time-waster), and hope to change things. I've just installed StatCounter and hope to find some tasty blog morsels for this place that'll have people hitting this joint from all over the world. Google won't know what's hit it.

Watch this space.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home