Two astronomers. Separated by only 22 degrees, 58 minutes of latitude, 33 degrees, 29 minutes of longitude, yet seemingly worlds apart. Their common goal: figure out the very nature of the Universe and its womenfolk.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

The pros and cons of headphones

The best thing about headphones is the complete level of detachment from the that they afford the user. I've been lost in a world of music all day, and have got loads of code written today. Great! Well done cans.

The worst thing about headphones is the complete level of detachment from the that they afford the user. Whilst merrily coding away, Norris entered my office without a care for covert action, strolled up behind me utterly undetected and jabbed me in the ribs. Cruelly torn from my own world, I shot bolt upright, adrenaline rushing through my veins and produced some serious expletive action.

I guess this is justice on me, since for several days now I've mused to myself about how easy it would be to unleash similar cruelty on Jim2, who not only wears cans but keeps his office door open and sits facing away from it....

1 Comments:

Blogger jps said...

Thankfully I rarely need to use cans as the the geach wurlitzer pumps out some serious radio 2 all day.

10:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home