Two astronomers. Separated by only 22 degrees, 58 minutes of latitude, 33 degrees, 29 minutes of longitude, yet seemingly worlds apart. Their common goal: figure out the very nature of the Universe and its womenfolk.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

A change of career

Noam received his ballot for the New York primary elections today. Displeased with the choices for head of the civil judiciary, he opted to nominate me for the role. Thanks Noam! I'll be waiting for NYC to get in touch - I need an exit strategy, especially after Dave Alexander made it clear today in his seminar that decent astronomy jobs are so hotly contested.

Along such lines, I keep urging myself to buy a MacPro and train myself in the ways of creative IT. Maybe I can make music videos and hang with cool people and hot chicks. I suspect it wouldn't work out though, as I'd get bored of them all saying "what a bangin' choon" the latest video is for, when clearly it's some R&B drivel or shitty hip-hop. Now, if they'd had MacPros in the 70s/80s (and I was born 30 years earlier), imagine what I could have done for KC and the Sunshine Band and the likes of Duran Duran. I could have CGI'd the "Rio" video onto a much cooler yacht. Or a man-o-war: something that looked like HMS Victory, except covered in supermodels. Jesus, I'm giving my ideas away - I reckon Will Young might go for something like that. Although he might want male models and I don't think I could put my heart into a project like that.

Jesus H Christ, where the hell have I gone with this post? Better think about galaxies again for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home