Two astronomers. Separated by only 22 degrees, 58 minutes of latitude, 33 degrees, 29 minutes of longitude, yet seemingly worlds apart. Their common goal: figure out the very nature of the Universe and its womenfolk.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Cogito Ergo Sum?

Pah! It's not about *thinking* Rene dear boy, it's about other people thinking of your work. For today, September 13th 2006, I have officially come into scientific existence.

Why? I have received my first scientific citation! WOOOOOOOO! OK, a couple of caveats to calm the detractors:

1) It's to a paper that not yet submitted (blame my boss, not me - it was pseudo-ready in May)
2) I was cited by a collaborator. One that works in the same building. Yes, ok, it was Ian - who is perpetually helpful.

But nonetheless I feel like I have made my contribution and no longer need to bear guilt. I'm off to live like Oliver Reed now. Check out the first page here:

http://arxiv.org/abs/astro-ph/0609314

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home