Two astronomers. Separated by only 22 degrees, 58 minutes of latitude, 33 degrees, 29 minutes of longitude, yet seemingly worlds apart. Their common goal: figure out the very nature of the Universe and its womenfolk.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

PhilosophiƦ Doctor

Despite my relapse in navel-gazing over the summer, I feel it is my duty (if not my pleasure) to mantain co-authorship of thsi blog whilst I am still in druham. Alas, soon I will no longer be an ICCmofo and will have turned into a JlemGeordie. So whilst my residence continues to be da ICC I will continue my introspection.

As news travels fast in small places, most of you reading this will know that I am now a Pretty Huge Daddy. With my viva finished and my corrections all but accepted, the time is fast approuching when i must bid this small medeval town farewell. The truth is that besides having what feels like a HUGE burden lifted from my shoulders, life is pretty much the same as pre doc. Im still not used to the title (although I doubt that I - unlike condoleeza rice - will ever make explicit use of it). I'm glad its all over, and im glad I no longer have to deal with the manic depression of a Phd. The phenomenal success contrasting the life-sucking failures. Unfortunately, the segmentation faults, the floating point exceptions, the Killed messages are not over, but at least now I can feel more ambivolent about them.

Now that I am a philospher I am going to go home and philosophize.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home